Friday, March 02, 2007

Another Game, Another Loss


I did not listen to the game because it wasn't on the radio... or TV...

Jose Contreras started the game, pitched 2 innings allowed 4 hits, 2 runs and 3 walks. This is the guy who won 17 straight games from 05-06. Can you believe that? I know this is spring training (emphasis on the word: training) and the guys are just practicing. And I know that the games don't really matter. But to us fans, they really, really, really do.

On the offensive side mlb.com has Josh Fields (pictured above) driving in 2 runs. Paul Konerko driving in 1 and Ryan Sweeney driving in 1. Yet they have the final score listed 10-3. According to my 7th grade math the total RBI should add up to 4. Am I right? But according to my sister "They're so bad that when they score runs they don't even count." and she's a big a Sox fan as I am! So either it was a) a typo b) somebody didn't listen in math class or c) they don't even care.

Our relivers did a good job combining for a total of 3 K's out of 5 pitchers! Dewon Day got another look today. I liked what I heard when he pitched on Wednesday, and he equaled that in todays "outing". I wonder what he'll be like in the regular season. Maybe he'll be our next Neal Cotts. Or maybe he'll end up like Cliff Politte... think happy thoughts...

No comments: