Monday, April 02, 2007

Contreras to go Opening Day


For the first time since I've been an official Sox fan, Mark Buehrle isn't starting opening day! I've always seen Mark start but now its Jose Contreras, who had 17 straight wins between '05-'06. I think this is a good move on Ozzie's part and I like the fact that our 2nd best pitcher is going on one of the most important days of the year. Our 1st best pitcher being Garland.
I'm thinkin the Indians, who we play today, will really do good this year, except their first three games, if you know what I mean (wink, wink. Nudge, nudge).

According to The Score Pablo Ozuna will be leading off in todays game and will be playing Left Field.

Game lineups will come later, and the pitching matchup will be later, also.

[Game Info]

Starting at 12 o'clock, on AM 670 The Score, with the pregame show is Chris "The Ranger" Rongey. The first pitch is scheduled for 1:05 PM but I say it'll be around 1:08. With the first pitch, and the whole game, is Steve Stone, who is filling in for Ed Farmer because Ed's daughter had a little accident involving a car, and Chris Singleton!

[Pitching Matchup]

For us: Jose Contreras. For them: Captain Cupcakes Sabathia. Or C.C. if you live in Ohio.

[Visiting the Central]

In my first Visiting the Central I will look around the league at what other central division teams are doing! So lets get started... Detroit is playing Toronto with Bonderman going for the Tigers and Halladay for the Jays. Cleveland is playing the White Sox, our White Sox. Minnesota is playing Baltimore and we all know who's going for the Twinkies (ahem, Johan Santana). And last, and I mean last, The Kansas City Royals High School Baseball Team will play the Boston Red Sox. Meche vs. Schilling, but hey; who cares?

No comments: