Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sox fall to Angels, head to Seattle

Over the past few days I have neglected my ability to write on this blog. I will try my hardest to write as much as I can.

Today, the Sox took a hard loss to the Angels with Mark Buehrle on the mound for us. The Angels sent Kelvim Escobar to the bump to face one of his former teammates in Darin Erstad. He repaid them by slamming a two-run shot off of Escobar in the 3rd inning. What a way to tell your team, "You made a mistake letting go of me."

Mark Buehrle's second no-hitter in the past three starts was broken up by a Macier Izturis homer, followed by a Vladamir Guerrero shot to the outfield. Not too much to hang onto as the Sox finish the game with a loss 5-2 to the Angels. Francisco "K-Rod" Rodriguez locked up his 8th save of the season. What a gamer he is.

Not too much to report on except the next game is on Tuesday against the Mariners, with Javier Vazquez going for us against the Mariners' Jarrod Washburn.

No comments: