Saturday, March 01, 2008

Spring is Here

The White Sox's spring has begun and we're actually looking lot better than I thought we would. Sure, we're only three games in and these games don't really count for anything, but I like how the team is preforming alltogether!

Nick Swisher is playing great ball. He's hitting well from both sides of the plate and he's contributing by driving in runs when we need them driven in. He's sporting Magg's old #30, which is good to see back is use, but isn't playing his right field.

The guy who is surprising me so far early on in the pre-season is Brain Anderson! He's actually playing very well right now. Batting .333 is a good sign, and he has 9 hits over the course of the last three games. He could very well play center field for us this coming season and I would have no problem with it whatsoever. He has three strike outs thus far, so that could be his only weakness going into the year.

Alexei Ramirez is also playing very well. He went 4-5 in his debut this spring and was thrown out on a steal attempt.

Yes, these are sorry notes to see but I do have some interesting facts!

  • Jim Thome has a stolen base.
  • Joe Crede is the only guy to hit a home run.

I'll write a little bit more this spring, then really get into the swing of things as soon as the season kicks off on March 31st.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.