Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sox Notes - 4/26

I haven't gotten around to updating this blog since early spring training. So much baseball has been played since then that I can't help but log on and rant for a little bit.


First, let me say that I am very impressed with the pitching of Gavin Floyd so far. He's 2-0 with a couple of no decisions through 4 starts this season. Thats already one more win than he had all last year! Hopefully he'll be able to keep this up all throughout the campaign. I have him winning at least twelve games if his momentum continues.

Joe Crede has shown people that there is nothing wrong with his back. He's made a handful of amazing plays at third in only our first month worth of games. The only problems I've noticed is his occasionally wild throws to first base; other than that I've seen a lot of good things defensively. Crede's offensive game is also in full speed. He's hit 6 home runs out of 22 hits and driven in 21 runs. He's helped this offense a lot.

At this point in the season I can comfortably say that Carlos Quentin was a steal for what we gave up. 5 homers and 17 RBI through 19 games? Those are well-known power hitter stats! Quentin and Thome lead our team in home runs right now (Thome has 6), which needs to continue through the rest of the year to keep this offense going strong.

That wraps up this "edition" of Sox notes.

No comments: